Sorry I haven’t posted recently! I have been out of town and away from my computer almost ALL month! I am exhausted from all of the traveling and needed a quick and easy dinner to make when I got home that wasn’t too unhealthy or difficult to prepare. Here is one of my all-time faves!
Grilled Bone in Pork Chops with Fried Apples and Haricots Verts
All my ingredients were exclusive to good ‘ol TJ’s with the exception of the Long’s Peak Pork Chop Seasoning that I love from Savory Spice Shop.
For the Pork Chops:
TJ’s Pork Chops
Savory Spice Shop Long’s Peak Pork Chop Seasoning
1. Rub with Savory Spice Shop Long’s Peak Pork Chop Rub
2. Place Pork Chops on Grill on Medium Heat, Use Cover on Grill
3. The Pork Chops take Apx 5 minutes on each side but I encourage you to watch them carefully and check the internal temp while grilling. Nothing is worse than an overdone pork chop…..
4. Take off grill when internal temp is 145 degrees Fahrenheit and let rest for 5 mins before serving
For the Fried Apples–
You will need:
3 Honeycrisp (or your fave apples that you have on hand)
Apx 1/2 cup of Sugar (maybe a bit more–I tend to eyeball a lot of my ingredients)
A dusting of cinnamon
1. Slice 3 Honeycrisp Apples evenly
2. Melt 1/2 a stick of butter in skillet
3. Place Apples in skillet and sauté until they start to absorb some of the butter (you don’t want them to become too soft)
7. Keep warm until ready to plate
For the Haricots Verts
I simply place them in a microwave safe dish with apx 1/2 a cup of water and microwave for apx 5 minutes until they are tender but not mushy.
I like to dust mine with a bit of coarse salt to taste once it is on the plate.
Here is the end result!
I hope this gives you guys an idea for an easy meal that will be a welcome break from the heaviness of Thanksgiving feasting!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend with friends and family and be sure to check back here Monday for a special Cyber Monday post!