Why you should be drinking warm lemon water every morning….
Lemon water has been getting a lot of attention lately. So, after doing some research on its benefits, I decided I would start to add a glass of warm lemon water first thing in the morning to my routine. (There is no general concensus over whether the water has to be warm. It appears the you will still reap all the benefits of drinking lemon water in the morning as long as the water is at least room temperature. It is thought that cold water is too much of a shock to your system).
Here are some of the benefits of warm lemon water:
1. Naturally detoxifying because it stimulates the liver.
2. Increases hydration which in turn increases energy levels (because we are all sluggish when we are dehydrated).
3. Boosts your immune system as it is a natural antioxidant rich in Vitamin C. You can add some organic honey to this mix to soothe any sore throat.
4. Stimulates digestive system and acts as a natural cleanser.
5. Aids in weight loss due to being a natural source of pectin fiber. The water and fiber will help you feel full and reduce your cravings. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to really rev up and increase your metabolism.
6. Improves skin by hydrating (we all know the number one recommendation for great skin is to drink lots and lots of water) and as a potent source of Vitamin C. You will notice many skin care products are rich in Vitamin C.
7. Helps with acid reflux and bloating because it helps make your body more alkaline. Despite the fact that lemons may seem acidic they are actually very alkaline when they are digested in our body. Drinking lemon water will help increase the alkalintiy of our body, a key goal in decreasing inflammation and reducing bloating.
1. Make sure to roll the lemon firmly on the counter for 30 seconds or so to soften it up and this will ensure you get the maximum amount of juice from your lemons. Then cut the lemon in half.
2. I use my Keurig to get a glass of hot water in under a minute but you can warm water on your stove if you don’t have a Keurig.
3. I use the OXO citrus squeezer to get all the juice from the lemon half and to keep all the seeds out of my water.
4. Drink and enjoy the benefits 🙂
Make sure your lemons are organic! It is important that you are putting into your body only the purest so that you will reap the maximum benefits. Also, store your lemons in the fridge to keep them fresh for as long as possible.
Cheers to our health! XOXO -Brittany